Today for Day 6 of BM edition # 13 under the theme"Easy Kids Lunch Box Recipe ~ Rice" My recipe, Sweet Corn Cilantro Rice. As the main theme was to cook any rice recipe under 15-20 minutes, at the same time it should be a kids loving recipe...this again a challenging task for me, So i picked my kids' favorite veg as a key ingredient and worked on it. Sweet corn is one of their fav, another quick and delicious recipe with lots of Nutrition n Flavor. I did not add much masala just simple seasoning n sauting with onion n ground ginger-cilantro-chili paste followed by sweet corn really turned out to a Filling n Delicious Rice. I am sure this recipe will liked by both adults n kids. Try this and let me know the result...Now to the recipe...
- Cooked Rice 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sweet corn kernels 1/2 cup of more(fresh or frozen)
- Onion 1 meidum(finely chopped)
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Lime juice 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Green chilli 4 or to taste
- Ginger 1" large piece
- Cilantro/corinader leaves 1/4 cup(roughly chopped)
- water 1-2 tsp
- Oil 1tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves few
- Microwave or steam sweet corn kernels for 2 minutes and keep ready.
- Grind ginger, green chili,cilantro to a coarse paste n keep ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the tempering ingredients and fry till dal turns light brown.
- And then add finely chopped onions and saute for a minute and then add ground ginger-chili-cilantro paste,a pinch of turmeric powder and saute for 1-2 minutes or until raw smell leaves.
- After that add sweet corn and stir fry for a minute.
- Now add cooked rice and mix everything well and cook covered in medium heat for 1 minute.
- Then give it a gently stir and lastly add lime juice n some more chopped cilantro and turn off the stove.
- That's it....Yummy n Flavorful Sweet Corn Cilantro Rice is ready.
- Serve or pack to lunch box along with Potato fry/Fryums/Raitha.I served with Sliced Potato Fry.
If u want you can also add some Cashew nuts /peanuts along with tempering ingredients.
Instead of sweet corn, you can use Cooked Chickpeas/green Peas that will also tastes good, yes i tried the same with Channa or Chickpeas.
Adjust green chilli to yout taste.
Do not cook rice fully , cook only 80% and allow to cool completely before u add it to the masala...in this way u will get biryani/pulao like texture - separate grains.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13
and also happy to send this to my own event, Show Me Your Hits~ Healthy Delights and to the event, Cooking With Seeds~Corn by Shylaja an event by Priya.