Today Day 7 last of Blogging Marathon under the theme, Easy Kids Lunch Box Recipe ~ Rice my recipe - Quick Palak Rice. This is another healthy n yummy rice recipe with palak / Spinach. Thank You Valli for this nice theme, so that i could able to produce some quick n healthy recipes n also get to know more rice varieties from other Marathoners. I really enjoyed doing with this theme, of the seven recipe this Palak rice was more loved by my kids. Even Yesterday also i made this palak rice for them. I served with Carrot Raitha but i forgot to take pictures of that carrot raitha, so will share you that in another post. But simple Curd itself tasted so good with this palak rice. Second time i tried with adding some garam masala powder to the rice that was also so good n spicy which like by my H. For kids the following recipe serves best. Do give it a try n let me know. Now to the recipe....
My other Easy Kids Lunch Box Rice Recipes posted for this BM:
Broccoli Jeera Rice
Coconut Rice With Podi
Sweet Corn Tomato Bath
Carrot Lemon Rice
Tofu Masala Rice
Sweet Corn Cilantro Rice
These rice recipes are done within 20 minutes.
- Cooked Rice 1 and 1/2 cup
- Spinach 1 cup(roughly chopped)
- Onion 1 medium(sliced)
- Tomato 1 medium(chopped)
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp
- Sugar a small pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1-2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nut 2 tbsp
- Wash n roughly chop spinach , then to a Microwave safe bowl, add spinach,a pinch of sugar n sprinkle few drops of water n microwave it for 2 minutes.
- Then cool it and grind it to a smooth paste n keep ready.
- Heat oil in a pan, add musatrd seeds wait till it pop n then add cashew nut n fry till light golden brown.
- And add sliced onions and saute it for 1-2 minutes.
- After that add tomato and saute till it turns soft and add chilli n turmeric powder and stir fry a minute.
- Now add the ground palak/spinach paste and stir fry for 2 minutes and add enough salt and fry well.
- After that add cooked rice and mix everything well and cook covered for a minute.
- Then give it a gentle mix and turn off the stove.
- That's it...Tasty n Healthy Quick Palak Rice is ready.
Along with cashew nuts peanuts can also be added.
Ginger garlic paste n other spices like garam masala powder can also included to this preparation if u want.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#13
Sending this to my own event, Show Me Your Hits~ Healthy Delights.