- Whole wheat flour 2 cups
- Cabbage 1 and 1/2 cup (finely chopped or grated)
- Onion 1 medium(finely chopped)
- turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Ajwain seeds/Omam 1/4 tsp(crushed)
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp + to toast parathas
- Ginger 2 " piece
- Green chilli 2 no.s (adjust to your taste)
- Cilantro 10 sprigs
- In a blender, add ginger,green chilli and cilantro and grind to a coarse paste without adding water and keep aside.
- Take a mixing bowl , add flour, cabbage, onion, cmuin,ajwain and ground chilli paste, turmeric and enough salt...mix everything well.
- Add water little by little and make it to a soft dough and add 1-2 tsp oil and knead for another one minute .
- Then cover dough using cling wrap or damp cloth and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- After that, divide the dough to 10-12 equal lemon sized balls.
- On a well floured surface, take one ball and roll it to a 8" paratha (add flour to roll the parathas).
- Heat a tawa/griddle, when it is hot smear ghee/oil and toast the paraths till done.
- That's it...flavor rich healthy Cabbage parathas are ready to serve.
- Serve Hot with any chutney/curry or simple pickled raitha.