- chicken 1lb
- big onion 1 (finely chopped)
- tomatoes 2 (finely chopped)
- green chillies 2 no.s slit open
- curry leaves 1 twig
- ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
- pepper 2 tbsp (freshly grounded)
- coriander leaves few
- Whole garam masala (cinnamon,bayleaf, cardomam,clove)
- fennel seeds 1 tsp
- chilli powder 1 tsp
- coriander powder 2 tsp
- cumin powder 1tsp
- Heat oil in a pressure pan/cooker/tawa .
- add whole garam masala and fennel seeds,when they splutter add chopped onions
- saute it well.
- after it turned golden brown add ginger-garlic paste ,pinch of turmeric powder ,saute till the the raw smell goes off.
- thn add tomatoes cook till oil oozes out
- thn add chicken pieces and saute well
- add all dry powders mix well and it cook for few more minutes
- now add freshly grounded pepper mix well
- add 1cup water and necessary salt
- mix well and cover it till chicken get cooked or pressure cook it for 2whistles
- now pepper chicken curry is ready add some chopped coriander leaves
- it goes well with plain rice,pulav,dosa & chapathi.