Mushroom Peas Kurma RecipePrep Time : 10 Minutes | Cook Time : 15-20 minutesRecipe Category : Side Dish/Curry RecipeServes 4Ingredients
To Wet Grind
- Mushroom 1 cup (sliced or chopped)
- Peas 1/4 cup(fresh or frozen)
- Onion 1 no.(thinly sliced)
- Tomato 1 no.(chopped)
- Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro 2-3 tbsp(finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Coconut 1/4 cup(grated, fresh or frozen)
- Cashew nuts 4 or 5 no.
- Ginger 1/2" piece
- Garlic 2 clove
- Poppy seeds 1/2 tsp
- Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder 2 tsp
- Curry Masala Powder 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Oil 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
- Cinnamon 1" stick
- Clove 2 no.
- Bay leaf 1 no.
- Wash mushroom, clean and slice or cut into desired size/shape, chop onion, tomato and keep ready.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients under the heading "To Wet Grind" and using 2-3 tbsp of water grind it to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Then heat oil in a kadai, when oil is hot add the tempering ingredients one by one and fry well.
- And then add sliced onion, curry leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add tomato and saute until it turns soft and mushy, then add mushroom and turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- After that add the ground coconut masala paste and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- And add enough salt, water to the desired consistency, fresh or frozen peas and cook in medium heat until raw smell leaves.
- Finally add some chopped cilantro and simmer for a minute and turn off the stove.
- That's it..Flavorful Mushroom Kurma ready. Serve hot with Phulka Rotis.
The same way, you make mixed vegetable kurma using carrot, peas, beans or Aloo kurma with potato/aloo or cauliflower kurma.
You can skip curry masala powder or replace it with 1/4 tsp garam masala powder.
Do not use more garlic and ginger than the mentioned amount, then it will spoil the kurma.
You can also use Kuzhambu Milagai Thool instead of dry red chili powder.