Kara Chutney RecipePrep Time : 5 minutes | Cook Time : 10 minutesRecipe Category : Side dish/CondimentsServes 4Ingredients
- Onion 1 no.
- Tomato 2 no.
- Dry Red Chilli 3 or 4 no.
- Tamarind a small piece
- Channa Dal/Kadala paruppu 2 tsp
- Oil 1-2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1/4 - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Heat oil in a kadai, when it is hot add channa dal and fry till golden brown.
- Then add roughly chopped onion, dry red chilli, tamarind and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- After that add roughly chopped tomato and saute till tomato turns soft.
- Then allow the sauteed ingredients to cool completely.
- And then using couple ot tbsp of water, enough salt and grind it to a slightly coarse paste.
- Then transfer the ground chutney to a serving bowl.
- Heat oil in a tempering pan, when it is hot add mustard seeds allow to splutter.
- Then add urad dal and curry leaves and fry well.
- Add this tempering to the ground chutney mix well and serve as an accompaniment for Idli/Dosa/Paniyaram.