Here I added tutti frutti but you can very well replace it with any candied fruits/ dry fruits or chopped nuts.
Recipe Adapted from Here Preparation Time: 15 mins
Freezing Time : 40 minutes Baking time: 15 mins
Makes about 2 dozen cookiesIngredients
- All Purpose Flour 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar 1/2 cup
- Salt a pinch (optional)
- Unsalted Butter, softened 6 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract 1/4 tsp
- Tutti Frutti 4-5 tbsp
- Milk 2 tbsp
- In a mixing bowl, add softened butter and powdered sugar or icing sugar and beat until it turns light and fluffy, then add vanilla and stir well.
- To it add flour, pinch of salt combine well and using milk knead it to a smooth and soft dough.
- The dough should be slightly sticky but firm enough to hold its shape.
- Now shape it a log and wrap it with a cling/plastic wrap and freeze it for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320 F.
- After that unwrap the dough, cut into 5 mm thick slices.
- And arrange the slices in a parchment lined cookie sheet, leaving some space between slices.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 320 degree F for 12 - 15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool down for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer them to a wire rack and let them cool.
- They will be soft when taken out, but will firm up once they cool.
- Store in an airtight container.