Happy Krishna Jayanthi wishes!!!...
Along with that I am happy to share that i got my own domain,www.spicytreats.net, Thanks for your support n encouragement and hope you will continue the same in the future also.
Because of my health issues i am unable to post for the past few weeks n now i am doing good and am back :) Wanted to start with a sweet recipe, and i chosen Rava Laddu. Rava Laddu is a simple n quick Indian sweet. And its one of the easiest neivedyam too. Yes, u can make this rava laddu within 15 minutes and offer God as Prasadham. I am not much fond of this sweet but my kids n H love this a lot. This is my friend's recipe and i made this for the first time and it came out really good n tasted so delicious. Now to the recipe...
- Rava/Sooji 1 cup
- Sugar 3/4 cup or less
- Cashew nuts 1small fistful (roughly chopped)
- Raisins 1-2 tbsp
- Ghee/Clarified butter 4 tbsp
- Hot milk 4-5 tbsp
- Cardamom powder a generous pinch
- First heat 1tbsp ghee in a pan, and roast cashew nuts till golden brown and keep aside.
- And add raisins and fry till it plump up and keep aside.
- To the same pan, add another tbsp ghee and add rava and roast the rava in medium heat to light golden brown n till aroma comes.
- After that add sugar and stir well for a minute and turn off the stove.
- Then allow this to cool for a while and then blend it in a blender for few seconds or if u want blend it finely.
- Now transfer the rava-sugar mixture to a wide plate,bowl then add cardamom powder, ghee roasted cashew nuts n raisins.
- Mix well and add another 2tbsp hot ghee n mix well and add milk little by little and take about 2tbsp of mixture n start shaping it to round balls.
- Add hot milk or hot ghee while shaping them to laddus.
- Do repeat the same for all the mixture, with the above measurement u will get around 15 medium sized Rava laddu.
- Leave the Laddu for 20-30 minutes to hold the shape and after that ready to relish or offer God!
Adding milk makes the laddu soft n delicious(if u don't like ghee then use only milk to shape them but use ghee to roast rava n nuts for nice flavor) but at the same time it reduces its shelf life. It remains good only for 3-4 days @ room temperature.
Use hot ghee alone to shape the laddu for 1 cup u will need about 1/4 cup ghee. This way you can store the rava laddu for a month, if handled n prepared properly.
Ghee Roasted shredded coconuts can also be added to the rava-sugar mixture.
I did not blend the rava finely since i like bit crispy.
Sending the recipe to Jagruti's Celebrate ~ Month of Shravan Event happening @ Spicy Treats.