here n also referred the Ingredients list at the back of Store bought masala packet. I added everything in the list except Jathi Kai but the home made curry masala powder was so flavorful n my Potato Fry Tasted awesome with this Masala. Give it a try n let me know h u like it:) Now to the recipe...
- Coriander Seeds 1/2 cup or less
- Cumin Seeds 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds 3 tbsp
- Pepper Corns 1 tsp
- Black Mustard seeds 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chili 5no.
- Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves 15-20 leaves
- Ground Turmeric/Turmeric Powder 2 tsp
- Ground Ginger/Ginger Powder 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 3" stick 2 no.s
- Clove 10 no.
- Heat a pan, dry roast all the ingredients one by one separately for 4-5 minutes or till aroma comes.
- Coriander seeds,methi seeds,mustard seeds will pop lightly when u roast them, so roast until the popping sound stops.
- Roast Everything in medium heat, do not stir the spices frequently, just toss them gently.
- I did not roast turmeric n ginger powder, simply added it while grinding.
- Allow the mixture to cool for a while n then blend it to a fine powder.
- If u want, can sieve it and store it in air tight container.