Spicy Treats' Facebook Page. So if anyone interested, plz click "Like" and Stay connected :)
Today's recipe also doesn't involve sauteing, this n that, simply chop n assemble. Long back, i saw this recipe on a magazine, The Natural Health Magazine under the heading, " Five foods which gives u instant energy" and i noted it on my mobile. After coming home, next day itself i tried this salad with little changes. And it tasted so delicious, refreshing n filling. Great for lunch to cut down your meal or even good for snack. I love this salad a lot n this time i tried by roasting the corn kernels n bell pepper in oven, it turned out so good. Will share the other four recipes also soon. Now to the recipe...
- Black Beans 1 cup
- Bay Leaf 1 small
- Sweet Corn Kernels 1/2 cup or more
- Bell Pepper(any color) 2 tbsp or 1/4 cup(finely chopped)
- Onion 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Cilantro 1 tbsp(finely chopped) optional
- Lime Juice 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cumin Powder 1/2 tsp
- Any Spicy sauce 1 tsp( i used tangy chili sauce)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 1 -2 tsp
- First wash n soak black beans for overnight or 8 hours.
- After that, cook black beans with enough water n bay lead...once done drain the water n remove bay leaf and keep the cooked beans aside.
- Thaw sweet corn kernels before use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Line a baking tray with foil paper, grease with olive oil or spray with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add corn kernels n bell pepper drizzle little oil n sprinkle salt mix well and spread on the lined tray and bake it for 12-15 minutes or until the kernels starts golden brown n shining.
- Now take a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients-beans,corn,bell pepper,salt,pepper,cilantro,onion,lime juice,cumin powder,sauce n drizzle olive oil and toss everything well.
- Keep covered n refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- That's it...Serve the chilled Black Bean Corn Salad along with some Tostitos/Tortilla chips or as such.
Instead of oven roasting the corn n bell pepper, you can add it as such or simple microwave the corn for 2 minutes n add it to the salad.
You can also use Tabasco sauce or even replace the sauce with Paprika or chili powder.
Instead of red onion you can also use spring onions or sweet onions if u like.