- Milk 1 litre/4 cups ( i used 2% milk)
- Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
- Sugar 8tbsp
- Cardamom 1no.
- Saffron 2-3 strands
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed vessel, once it starts boiling take 2-3 tsp of milk in a bowl add saffron strands n keep aside.
- Then add lemon juice stir well and wait till the millk curdles completely.
- After that, line a a vessel with muslin cloth then pour the curdled milk and tie the cloth n hang it for 30-45minutes to drain completely.
- Then take the paneer in the muslin cloth n keep in colander and wash well with cold water to remove the citrus flavor and squeeze out the excess water.
- And now the chenna/paneer is ready to proceed.
- Take a blender, add sugar n cardamom run for few seconds then add paneer,saffron milk and blend comepletely to a smooth creamy paste. (becoz of my blender i couldn't make a smooth creamy paste).
- And now heat a non stick pan, add the ground paneer paste and cook for 8-10 minutes byt stirring constantly.
- Once the paneer start rolling the sides of the pan, swtich off the stove n remove from heat.
- Allow to cool for a while then start shaping/moulding to desired shapes n sizes.
- If u want, garnish with some chopped nuts and allow to cool completely. Once it cools down it gets harden n resembles like pedas.
- Chilled/Refrigerated Sandesh tasted so yummy.