Easy Milk Powder Recipe with step by step photos. I love Milk sweets more than other sweets variety. Doodh Peda & White colored burfis are my favorite milk sweets. I always wanted to try White Burfis from Sweet Shops and when I saw this recipe few months back I immediately bookmarked it and decided to share it here as Diwali special Recipes. It is almost similar to that of Kesar Mawa Burfi Recipe except this is prepared using Milk Powder and also without Kesar flavor & color.
I have tried this recipe with Milk Mawa Powder but it didn't turn out white like this. Because of Mawa the burfis turned out like Palkova/Thiratti Paal color and also bit chewy. So try it with Milk Powder only, you can use either whole milk or non fat milk powder.
Step By Step Pictures for Milk Powder BurfiMilk Powder RecipePrep Time : 2 Minutes | Cook Time : 10 MinutesRecipe Category : Sweets | Recipe Cuisine : IndianMakes 12 small sqauresIngredients
- Milk Powder 2 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- Cardamom 8 or 9 no.
- Ghee, homemade 5 tbsp + 1 tsp(to grease bowl)
- Pistachios/Pumpkin seeds 2 -3 tbsp(chopped)
- First grease a plate or pan with ghee or line with parchment paper or do both and keep aside.
- Powder sugar and cardamom together in a blender and keep other ingredients measured and ready.
- Now heat a pan(cook in low heat), add ghee once it is melted add milk, combine together and add milk powder and stir gently without any lumps.
- Once the milk powder is combined well with ghee and milk without any lumps add powdered sugar and keep stirring, cook in low heat.
- After adding sugar the mixture with turn loose and little watery, keep stirring without any interval until it turns thick and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- To check whether it is done, transfer a small portion to a small plate, roll it if it rolls to smooth round ball without sticking to the finger then it is done.
- Immediately switch off the stove and transfer the burfi mix into the greased or lined bowl and press using the back of the spoon to smooth and flatten it evenly.
- Then sprinkle chopped pistachios or any desired nuts press it gently and allow to cool completely.
- After cooling, cut the burfi into desired shape or small squares and enjoy.
I used Non Fat Milk powder, you can use whole milk powder too.
Do not increase or decrease the sugar or milk quantity for the above proportions.
You can also use saffron for flavor but these white burfis are white and flavored with cardamom only.
Keep all the ingredients ready, line and grease a bowl or plate to shape burfi.
beautiful clicks,super yummy..looks delicious,Happy Diwali to u n family!!ReplyDelete