Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffinsIngredients
- Wheat flour 3/4 cup
- All Purpose Flour 3/4 cup
- Milled Flax Seeds 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar 1/4 cup
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cinnamon 1/4 tsp(optional)
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Banana Puree or Applesauce 3 tbsp (or 1 egg, beaten)*
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Milk 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Chopped Nuts 1/2 cup (i used almonds and walnuts)
- Apples 2 no.s or 1 and 1/2 cup(finely chopped or grated)
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients-flours, milled flax seeds, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and keep aside.
- In another, add banana puree, oil, milk and stir well.
- Now add this liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.
- Fold in apples and chopped nuts. Batter will be thick.
- Now drop a big scoop of batter to the greased or lined muffins pan with batter.
- Bake at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes or until top springs backs when touched.
- Once done..cool on wire rack and serve.
|Flax Apple Muffins|
I used only 1/4 cup of sugar but the original recipes calls for 1/2 cup of sugar. The sweetness from apple and 1/4 cup sugar was mild and perfect to us.
You can also use regular granulated sugar if you don't have brown sugar.
I used Organic Gala Apples. I chopped one apple and grated the other one.
*Egg - You can use 1 egg or 3-4 tbsp of banana puree or applesauce.
I used banana puree, just smashed 1/2 of a ripe banana and used in the recipe.
I used Hodgson Milled Flax seeds, if you don't have it in hand, simply pulse the flax seeds for few seconds and use it.
This is off to Vardhini's Bakes Fest happening at Priya's Versatile Recipes.