Today's recipe is Gobi Mutter Masala, a rich and creamy curry cooked with cashew nuts and poppy seeds Paste. For a change, this time i steamed and baked the cauliflower florets and then added it to the curry. This method makes the cauliflower firm and much more tasty. And also i used Dry red chilli instead of chilli powder. The Gobi Mutter curry / masala was so creamy and yummy which suits well with Naan / Rotis / Pulav etc. I served with Rotis. Friday Dinner was a delightful dinner for us. This curry is perfect for Potluck Party or any get together to impress the guests with rich and flavorful recipe.Now to the recipe,
- Cauliflower florets 1 and 1/ 2 cups
- Peas 1/2 cup
- Onion 1 Medium(finely chopped)
- Tomato 2 no.s(medium) Diced
- Dry Red Chillies 4-5 no.s
- Cashew nut 8-10 no.s
- Poppy Seeds 1 tsp
- Garlic 4 big cloves or 7-8 small
- Ginger 2" piece
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala 1 tsp
- Kasoori Methi / Dried Methi leaves 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp + 1 tbsp
- Olive Oil 2 tsp
- Cilantro few finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit'
- Wash the cauliflower florets and steam it for 3-4 minutes or microwave for 2-3 minutes and drain completely and keep aside.
- Take a oven safe dish, add the steamed cauliflower florets, drizzle olive oil, sprinkle little salt and any spices(i used cajun hot seasoning) mix well and Bake it for 12 - 15 minutes or till it turns crisp n moisture dried up.
- Soak Cashew nuts and poppy seeds in a hot water for 15 minutes .
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a kadai/pan, add dry red chillies ginger and garlic and fry them lightly.
- Then add finely chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- After that add, diced tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes turns soft n mushy.
- Allow the onion - tomato mixture to cool completely and then grind it to a smooth paste along with soaked cashew n poppy seeds. (use very little water to grind them).
- Now heat 1 tbsp oil in a non stick vessel, add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter then add the ground paste.
- Turn the heat to medium and let the ground paste cook in medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Then add garam masala powder and again cook for 3 minutes or till raw smell leaves.
- After that add 1/2 cup of peas (fresh or frozen) and 1/2 cup of water and cook covered for 2 minutes.
- Now add the baked cauliflower florets and kasoori methi , simmer for 2-3 minutes .
- Lastly add some finely chopped cilantro and turn off the stove.
- That's it...Creamy and Rich Gobi Mutter Masala is ready to serve. Serve Hot with any Indian Flat breads / Pulao.
Instead of red chillies you can also add 1-2 tsp chilli powder or kashmiri red chilli powder and follow the same method.
Lastly you can also add 1-2 tbsp of heavy cream for more rich and creamy taste.
Instead of cauliflower you can also add paneer mutter , Aloo mutter , aloo gobi or any desired veg and Enjoy !!!